14 May New D007IH PDK release
NEW D007IH PDK RELEASE
Addition and improvement of our D007IH PDK
To our dearest foundry users,
For the past weeks, we have been focusing our communicating on GaN technology. Whilst GaN process is very versatile, there are still some applications where GaAs mHEMTs are needed. This is why, our foundry team has been extensively working on upgrading the PDK and we believe this new release will bring welcoming changes for designers.
GOING TOWARD SPACE QUALIFICATION
D007IH is currently being thoroughly screened in the frame of its space evaluation. Based on the latest measurements, the definition of the channel temperature to be used in reliability calculations has been updated. The dissipated power being usually small with D007IH, we expect the impact of this change to be rather low.
GOING TO HIGHER FREQUENCIES
We know this process is very popular with E-band and higher frequencies. This is why, we added the possibility to use 70 µm substrate. With it, the capacitance to ground equation has been updated to take into account this new possibility. The value for 100 μm substrate is also slightly changed.
GOING TOWARD CLARITY
The installation files for the ADS & AWR Design Kits are now located in two dedicated directories (D007IH_ADS_DK and D007IH_AWR_DK). This is to avoid confusion between the design manual that is provided with the libraries to be installed in the simulation packages.
CHANGE IN THE DESIGN RULES
In order to improve customer’s designs, we have decided to request systematic presence of TIN mask layer on pads and via holes.
ADS 2020 SUPPORT AND UPDATED MODELS
The D007IH is now valid for ADS2020U2 (Windows and Linux). It is also compatible with ADS2016, but some new features are not supported.
Other important charges are:
– The Small Signal and large signal models have been updated
– The Noise model has been updated and is integrated inside the small signal model only
– Capacitance to ground equation has been updated for all devices (PADs, FETs, Diodes…)
– SiN + SiO2 MIM capacitor model has been adjusted, EM substrates have been updated to be consistent
– The via hole model has been updated
– Circle representing the via coupling zone has been added to the layout of the via-hole
– EM substrates: derived layers have been updated for the via-hole when wafer thickness is 70 um
– DRC tool has been updated
– Layer binding has been updated
– Layermap.map has been updated to export LVS layers
– LVS rules have been integrated for device recognition and special layers have been added to some devices (sf, langl, inl, bel)
– Layer names and GDS numbers have been updated
The full change log can be downloaded with the design manual and PDK in our secure area.
We have been happy to support you and your questions so far. To keep doing it in the best conditions, we have created a new grouped email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate using it for every question regarding device models, lay-out rules, design manuals, ADS or AWR design kits, process information, PCM guarantees or design guidelines. Once you design is good and finish, please keep sending it to the mapping team (email@example.com) for faster DRC report or new foundry runs.
We look forward to see your project development.
Created in 2000 by spinning off Philipps, OMMIC specializes in the development and manufacturing of microwave circuits. OMMIC focusses on III – V technologies (GaN, GaAs and InP) and made the strategic choice to locate all its activities in France, on the historic site of Limeil-Brévannes, investing heavily in research. Today, OMMIC is the world leader in millimetric GaN technology, with superior power and unparalleled energy efficiency technology. The company is positioned to be one of the pillars of millimetric 5G. More information is available at www.ommic.com