12 Oct New GaN PDK release
NEW GaN PDK RELEASE
Addition and improvement of our D01GH and D006GH PDK
To our dearest foundry users,
Because we make sure that you can work in the best conditions, we regularly update our Process Design Kit. Last June, our design team added and improved our D007IH PDK and many of you have expressed your satisfaction. Today, after long weeks of work, it is now the turn of our GaN PDK to be updated. The new version is accessible in your personal account on our website. Notable changes are listed here-below.
UPDATE OF A FEW PCM PARAMETERS
– threshold voltage is now measured at 10 mA/mm for both transistor for amplifiers and for switches,
– VBGD03 has been replaced by measurement of the drain current at Vgs = -3 V and Vds = 50 V (ID50).
UPDATE FOR STANDARD AND MPW RUNS
We have updated the technical requirement form for standard runs and Multi Project Wafer Runs.
UPDATE OF MET1 THICKNESS
The thickness of the TiPt adherence layer of the MET1 metal has been slightly reduced. As the 400 nm thick gold layer is unchanged, this has negligible impact on MET1 sheet resistance or maximum rating. The new MET1 thickness is 480 nm.
UPDATE OF THE ADS DESIGN KIT (now v1.3.0)
– ADS2020U2 is supported (Windows and Linux OS),
– Large Signal FET models (D01GH & D006GH), including noise model, have been updated,
– Statistics rules for Large-Signal FET (D01GH & D006GH) updated,
– Direct current Diode of Large-Signal FET (D01GH & D006GH) updated,
– Via-hole model updated,
– Spiral inductor model updated,
– GaN resistor: max RG width/length restriction corrected to be 40 um,
– Capacitance: RadHard MIM capacitor option added,
– Tin layer is added on pad
– Substrate for EM simulation ‘Si_StackUp_std_in_simplified’ and ‘Si_StackUp_std_tin_simplified’ have been updated,
– Ohmic contact and active layer width variation implemented for EM simulation,
– FET layouts updated: standardisation of unit gate width, ref plan parameter,
– DRC tool updated,
– Callback added on devices, physical size and max current/voltage displayed on linear devices,
– Layer binding updated,
– LVS rules have been integrated for device recognition and specific layers have been added to required devices (sf, langl, inl, bel).
We look forward to reading your remarks. Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to have new implementations in the PDK. For technical questions please contact our design team.
In GaN we trust!
Created in 2000 by spinning off Philipps, OMMIC specializes in the development and manufacturing of microwave circuits. OMMIC focusses on III – V technologies (GaN, GaAs and InP) and made the strategic choice to locate all its activities in France, on the historic site of Limeil-Brévannes, investing heavily in research. Today, OMMIC is the world leader in millimetric GaN technology, with superior power and unparalleled energy efficiency technology. The company is positioned to be one of the pillars of millimetric 5G. More information is available at www.ommic.com